Punjab announces ex-gratia in accidental deaths
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday said
that in case of accidental or homicidal death of an employee
while discharging his or her duty, the legal heirs would be
entitled to a payment of Rs five lakh as ex-gratia amount.
The ex-gratia would not be linked to the basic pay or the
group of the employee concerned, an official spokesman said
here on Tuesday.
He further said that the full amount of payment
admissible under these orders would also be payable to those
employees, who incur complete permanent disability during the
performance of duty rendering them unfit for further service.
Similarly, in case of those employees, who incur partial
permanent disability during the discharge of duty, ex-gratia
payable would be proportionate to the percentage of partial
permanent disability incurred by him.
The spokesman clarified that the ex-gratia grant would
not be admissible in the case of those government employees,
who die committing suicide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev