Punjab announces ex-gratia in accidental deaths
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday said
that in case of accidental or homicidal death of an employee
while discharging his or her duty, the legal heirs would be
entitled to a payment of Rs five lakh as ex-gratia amount.
The ex-gratia would not be linked to the basic pay or the
group of the employee concerned, an official spokesman said
here on Tuesday.
He further said that the full amount of payment
admissible under these orders would also be payable to those
employees, who incur complete permanent disability during the
performance of duty rendering them unfit for further service.
Similarly, in case of those employees, who incur partial
permanent disability during the discharge of duty, ex-gratia
payable would be proportionate to the percentage of partial
permanent disability incurred by him.
The spokesman clarified that the ex-gratia grant would
not be admissible in the case of those government employees,
who die committing suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock