Punjab approves 4,342 promotions in education dept
Chandigarh: With an eye on upcoming Assembly
elections, Punjab government today approved 4,342 promotions
in the education department.
These promotions varied from master cadre to lecturer,
lecturer to principal and master cadre to head master after
they were duly cleared by the Departmental Promotion
Committees (DPC) constituted for this purpose, state education
minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said.
"To check the stagnation in teaching staff, 3,822 masters
have been promoted as lecturers after their cases were found
fit for promotion by the DPC," Sekhwan said.
Similarly, 208 lecturers and 312 masters were promoted as
principals and head masters respectively, he said.
The minister said that another DPC meeting will be called
in a day or two to clear the cases for 463 promotions of
principals from head masters.
He said that the State Education Department has already
promoted and posted 842 head masters from masters cadre and
252 principals from lecturers.
With these promotions, a new record of promotions has
already been created as within last three months 5,901
promotions have been done, the minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'