Punjab approves 4,342 promotions in education dept
Chandigarh: With an eye on upcoming Assembly
elections, Punjab government today approved 4,342 promotions
in the education department.
These promotions varied from master cadre to lecturer,
lecturer to principal and master cadre to head master after
they were duly cleared by the Departmental Promotion
Committees (DPC) constituted for this purpose, state education
minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said.
"To check the stagnation in teaching staff, 3,822 masters
have been promoted as lecturers after their cases were found
fit for promotion by the DPC," Sekhwan said.
Similarly, 208 lecturers and 312 masters were promoted as
principals and head masters respectively, he said.
The minister said that another DPC meeting will be called
in a day or two to clear the cases for 463 promotions of
principals from head masters.
He said that the State Education Department has already
promoted and posted 842 head masters from masters cadre and
252 principals from lecturers.
With these promotions, a new record of promotions has
already been created as within last three months 5,901
promotions have been done, the minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest