Punjab approves 4,342 promotions in education dept
Chandigarh: With an eye on upcoming Assembly
elections, Punjab government today approved 4,342 promotions
in the education department.
These promotions varied from master cadre to lecturer,
lecturer to principal and master cadre to head master after
they were duly cleared by the Departmental Promotion
Committees (DPC) constituted for this purpose, state education
minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said.
"To check the stagnation in teaching staff, 3,822 masters
have been promoted as lecturers after their cases were found
fit for promotion by the DPC," Sekhwan said.
Similarly, 208 lecturers and 312 masters were promoted as
principals and head masters respectively, he said.
The minister said that another DPC meeting will be called
in a day or two to clear the cases for 463 promotions of
principals from head masters.
He said that the State Education Department has already
promoted and posted 842 head masters from masters cadre and
252 principals from lecturers.
With these promotions, a new record of promotions has
already been created as within last three months 5,901
promotions have been done, the minister claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader