Punjab approves four-laning of Morinda-Baddi road
Chandigarh: With an aim to reduce traffic congestion between Kharar and Chandigarh, four-laning of the Morinda-Baddi road through Kurali and Siswan was approved on Wednesday by the Punjab government.
Work on the Rs 71-crore project will start from December this year and is likely to be completed by June 2014, state PWD Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said here.
Once completed, the project will facilitate large number of daily commuters by saving both time and money for them, he said.
All necessary clearance for work on the 30-kilometre stretch has been given, he said.
Dhillon said with the completion of the project, traffic congestion on Kharar-Chandigarh road will get reduced.
Rs 224 crore will be spent on under-construction Chamkaur Sahib-Neelon-Doraha road, which will be completed by December next year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks