Punjab approves four-laning of Morinda-Baddi road
Chandigarh: With an aim to reduce traffic congestion between Kharar and Chandigarh, four-laning of the Morinda-Baddi road through Kurali and Siswan was approved on Wednesday by the Punjab government.
Work on the Rs 71-crore project will start from December this year and is likely to be completed by June 2014, state PWD Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said here.
Once completed, the project will facilitate large number of daily commuters by saving both time and money for them, he said.
All necessary clearance for work on the 30-kilometre stretch has been given, he said.
Dhillon said with the completion of the project, traffic congestion on Kharar-Chandigarh road will get reduced.
Rs 224 crore will be spent on under-construction Chamkaur Sahib-Neelon-Doraha road, which will be completed by December next year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir