Punjab approves four-laning of Morinda-Baddi road
Chandigarh: With an aim to reduce traffic congestion between Kharar and Chandigarh, four-laning of the Morinda-Baddi road through Kurali and Siswan was approved on Wednesday by the Punjab government.
Work on the Rs 71-crore project will start from December this year and is likely to be completed by June 2014, state PWD Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon said here.
Once completed, the project will facilitate large number of daily commuters by saving both time and money for them, he said.
All necessary clearance for work on the 30-kilometre stretch has been given, he said.
Dhillon said with the completion of the project, traffic congestion on Kharar-Chandigarh road will get reduced.
Rs 224 crore will be spent on under-construction Chamkaur Sahib-Neelon-Doraha road, which will be completed by December next year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey