Punjab Assembly pays tributes Delhi gang-rape victim
Chandigarh: The Punjab Assembly on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the Delhi gang-rape victim and 17 school children, who died recently in a road mishap in Jaladhar.
Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal led the members of the House in paying tributes to the gang-rape victim.
Besides, the House also paid tributes to 17 school children, who died recently in a road mishap in Jaladhar district of the state.
Yesterday, Ram Singh, the prime accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl, allegedly committed suicide in a high-security cell in Tihar Jail in Delhi.
The House also eulogised the services rendered by late Hira Lal Sibal, father of Union Minister Kapil Sibal, who had died recently due to old age.
The House paid tributes to former Minister Satyapal Saini and at least eight freedom fighters who died in the interim period between the last meeting of the Assembly and the present Session.
The members of the House observed a two minute silence in mark of respect to the departed souls.
Prominent among those present in the House included Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Leader of Opposition Sunil Kumar Jakhar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Madan Mohan Mittal of BJP.
After the obituary references, the House was adjourned for the day by the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read