‘Punjab Assembly proceedings only in Punjabi’
Chandigarh: Punjab Assembly Speaker
Charanjit Singh Atwal on Monday asked the members of the House to
conduct all proceedings in the session in Punjabi language.
"All members should ensure that Punjabi is used during
the proceedings of the assembly," the Speaker told the House.
During the previous tenure of SAD-BJP alliance
government, the Assembly had passed a unanimous resolution for
using Punjabi language in offices and other places.
The previous government supported by opposition Congress
had also sought from the Chandigarh administration to make use
of Punjabi language mandatory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack