‘Punjab Assembly proceedings only in Punjabi’
Chandigarh: Punjab Assembly Speaker
Charanjit Singh Atwal on Monday asked the members of the House to
conduct all proceedings in the session in Punjabi language.
"All members should ensure that Punjabi is used during
the proceedings of the assembly," the Speaker told the House.
During the previous tenure of SAD-BJP alliance
government, the Assembly had passed a unanimous resolution for
using Punjabi language in offices and other places.
The previous government supported by opposition Congress
had also sought from the Chandigarh administration to make use
of Punjabi language mandatory.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai