‘Punjab Assembly proceedings only in Punjabi’
Chandigarh: Punjab Assembly Speaker
Charanjit Singh Atwal on Monday asked the members of the House to
conduct all proceedings in the session in Punjabi language.
"All members should ensure that Punjabi is used during
the proceedings of the assembly," the Speaker told the House.
During the previous tenure of SAD-BJP alliance
government, the Assembly had passed a unanimous resolution for
using Punjabi language in offices and other places.
The previous government supported by opposition Congress
had also sought from the Chandigarh administration to make use
of Punjabi language mandatory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city