Punjab BJP for special investigation into Bansal`s assests
Amritsar: The Punjab unit of BJP on Saturday sought a special investigation into the assets of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who resigned after his nephew was arrested for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board.
Bansal`s personal wealth and that of his family and relatives increased manifold ever since he became minister, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said.
"People have the right to know how his assests grew so rapidly," he said at a public meeting here.
Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI taking Rs 90 lakh for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board, he said.
"This shows how the posts are being sold under the Congress led UPA government," Chhina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days