Punjab BJP for special investigation into Bansal`s assests
Amritsar: The Punjab unit of BJP on Saturday sought a special investigation into the assets of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who resigned after his nephew was arrested for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board.
Bansal`s personal wealth and that of his family and relatives increased manifold ever since he became minister, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said.
"People have the right to know how his assests grew so rapidly," he said at a public meeting here.
Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI taking Rs 90 lakh for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board, he said.
"This shows how the posts are being sold under the Congress led UPA government," Chhina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon