Punjab BJP for special investigation into Bansal`s assests
Amritsar: The Punjab unit of BJP on Saturday sought a special investigation into the assets of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who resigned after his nephew was arrested for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board.
Bansal`s personal wealth and that of his family and relatives increased manifold ever since he became minister, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said.
"People have the right to know how his assests grew so rapidly," he said at a public meeting here.
Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI taking Rs 90 lakh for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board, he said.
"This shows how the posts are being sold under the Congress led UPA government," Chhina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman