Punjab BJP for special investigation into Bansal`s assests
Amritsar: The Punjab unit of BJP on Saturday sought a special investigation into the assets of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who resigned after his nephew was arrested for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board.
Bansal`s personal wealth and that of his family and relatives increased manifold ever since he became minister, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said.
"People have the right to know how his assests grew so rapidly," he said at a public meeting here.
Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla was caught by CBI taking Rs 90 lakh for allegedly trying to fix promotion for a member in the Railway Board, he said.
"This shows how the posts are being sold under the Congress led UPA government," Chhina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...