Punjab Cabinet pays tributes to Gujral
Chandigarh: The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday mourned the demise of former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
The Cabinet, in its meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, observed a two minute silence in memory of the departed leader, an official spokesman said here.
The Cabinet unanimously passed a resolution expressing profound grief over the passing away of Gujral.
"Gujral as a diplomat, Parliamentarian and the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting and Foreign Affairs was a perfect blend of rare qualities like simplicity, humility, probity in public life, which would ever act as a beacon for the countrymen," the resolution said.
People of Punjab would never forget the daring and decisive role played by Gujral for waiving off the Special Term Loan of Rs 8500 crore on the state that was incurred in fighting the nation`s battle during the days of militancy, the Cabinet observed.
Gujral passed away at a hospital in Gurgaon on November 30.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor