Punjab Cabinet pays tributes to Gujral
Chandigarh: The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday mourned the demise of former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
The Cabinet, in its meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, observed a two minute silence in memory of the departed leader, an official spokesman said here.
The Cabinet unanimously passed a resolution expressing profound grief over the passing away of Gujral.
"Gujral as a diplomat, Parliamentarian and the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting and Foreign Affairs was a perfect blend of rare qualities like simplicity, humility, probity in public life, which would ever act as a beacon for the countrymen," the resolution said.
People of Punjab would never forget the daring and decisive role played by Gujral for waiving off the Special Term Loan of Rs 8500 crore on the state that was incurred in fighting the nation`s battle during the days of militancy, the Cabinet observed.
Gujral passed away at a hospital in Gurgaon on November 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional