Punjab Cabinet pays tributes to Gujral
Chandigarh: The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday mourned the demise of former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
The Cabinet, in its meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, observed a two minute silence in memory of the departed leader, an official spokesman said here.
The Cabinet unanimously passed a resolution expressing profound grief over the passing away of Gujral.
"Gujral as a diplomat, Parliamentarian and the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting and Foreign Affairs was a perfect blend of rare qualities like simplicity, humility, probity in public life, which would ever act as a beacon for the countrymen," the resolution said.
People of Punjab would never forget the daring and decisive role played by Gujral for waiving off the Special Term Loan of Rs 8500 crore on the state that was incurred in fighting the nation`s battle during the days of militancy, the Cabinet observed.
Gujral passed away at a hospital in Gurgaon on November 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data