Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of Assembly
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet Friday recommended the dissolution of the 13th state Assembly to the Governor.
With this, the way has been paved for constitution of the 14th legislative Assembly after the declaration of election results March 6.
The decision was taken here at a meeting of the cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Elections to the 117 seats of the Punjab assembly were held Jan 30. The fate of over 1,000 candidates will be decided March 6.
The main contest is between the ruling Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the opposition Congress. The People`s Party of Punjab, with Left parties and other panthic parties, had put up a third front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video