Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of Assembly
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet Friday recommended the dissolution of the 13th state Assembly to the Governor.
With this, the way has been paved for constitution of the 14th legislative Assembly after the declaration of election results March 6.
The decision was taken here at a meeting of the cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Elections to the 117 seats of the Punjab assembly were held Jan 30. The fate of over 1,000 candidates will be decided March 6.
The main contest is between the ruling Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the opposition Congress. The People`s Party of Punjab, with Left parties and other panthic parties, had put up a third front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video
- Cricket fraternity congratulates new BCCI president Anurag Thakur
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall
- Coldness grows between Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif – former couple not to work together anymore?
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water