Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of Assembly
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet Friday recommended the dissolution of the 13th state Assembly to the Governor.
With this, the way has been paved for constitution of the 14th legislative Assembly after the declaration of election results March 6.
The decision was taken here at a meeting of the cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Elections to the 117 seats of the Punjab assembly were held Jan 30. The fate of over 1,000 candidates will be decided March 6.
The main contest is between the ruling Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the opposition Congress. The People`s Party of Punjab, with Left parties and other panthic parties, had put up a third front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal