Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of Assembly
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet Friday recommended the dissolution of the 13th state Assembly to the Governor.
With this, the way has been paved for constitution of the 14th legislative Assembly after the declaration of election results March 6.
The decision was taken here at a meeting of the cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Elections to the 117 seats of the Punjab assembly were held Jan 30. The fate of over 1,000 candidates will be decided March 6.
The main contest is between the ruling Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the opposition Congress. The People`s Party of Punjab, with Left parties and other panthic parties, had put up a third front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!