Punjab cabinet recommends dissolution of Assembly
Chandigarh: The Punjab cabinet Friday recommended the dissolution of the 13th state Assembly to the Governor.
With this, the way has been paved for constitution of the 14th legislative Assembly after the declaration of election results March 6.
The decision was taken here at a meeting of the cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Elections to the 117 seats of the Punjab assembly were held Jan 30. The fate of over 1,000 candidates will be decided March 6.
The main contest is between the ruling Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the opposition Congress. The People`s Party of Punjab, with Left parties and other panthic parties, had put up a third front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what