Punjab CEO issues schedule for Moga by-poll
Chandigarh: The Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab on Tuesday issued the detailed schedule for the Moga assembly by-poll to be held on February 23.
Notification will be issued on January 30. The last date of filing nominations is February 6, followed by the scrutiny on February 7, a CEO office spokesman said here.
The last date for withdrawal of candidature is February 9, he said adding, counting of votes would be on February 28.
The hours for polling will be from 8 am to 5 pm.
The model code of conduct has came into force in Moga district after the by-poll was announced on January 11.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
Jain is seeking re-election on SAD ticket, whereas Congress has fielded Vijay Sathi in the by-poll.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata