Punjab CEO issues schedule for Moga by-poll
Chandigarh: The Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab on Tuesday issued the detailed schedule for the Moga assembly by-poll to be held on February 23.
Notification will be issued on January 30. The last date of filing nominations is February 6, followed by the scrutiny on February 7, a CEO office spokesman said here.
The last date for withdrawal of candidature is February 9, he said adding, counting of votes would be on February 28.
The hours for polling will be from 8 am to 5 pm.
The model code of conduct has came into force in Moga district after the by-poll was announced on January 11.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
Jain is seeking re-election on SAD ticket, whereas Congress has fielded Vijay Sathi in the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day