Punjab CEO issues schedule for Moga by-poll
Chandigarh: The Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab on Tuesday issued the detailed schedule for the Moga assembly by-poll to be held on February 23.
Notification will be issued on January 30. The last date of filing nominations is February 6, followed by the scrutiny on February 7, a CEO office spokesman said here.
The last date for withdrawal of candidature is February 9, he said adding, counting of votes would be on February 28.
The hours for polling will be from 8 am to 5 pm.
The model code of conduct has came into force in Moga district after the by-poll was announced on January 11.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
Jain is seeking re-election on SAD ticket, whereas Congress has fielded Vijay Sathi in the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA