Punjab CEO orders inquiry against govt officials violating MCC
Chandigarh: District Electoral Officers in Punjab have been directed to get complaints from flying squads against government officials indulging in electioneering for prompt action against them.
Presiding over a meeting of all DEOs through video conferencing, Punjab`s CEO V K Singh said his office was regularly receiving complaints of some lower level civil, police and excise officials indulging in electioneering and violating model code of conduct by misusing their positions.
As the polling day in Punjab is approaching near, it becomes imperative to get these complaints enquired immediately, he said.
No police official should be posted in his own Assembly constituency or jurisdiction of police station, where he was posted, during election duty, Singh said.
The CEO asked the poll officials to ensure that all sensitive polling booths are covered through either by paramilitary forces or micro-observers or webcasting.
Singh, according to an official release here, also asked the DEOs to make the district level media certification and monitoring committees more pro-active to check the menace of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August