Punjab CM announces job to kin of 6 cops killed in accident
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday announced jobs to the kin of six state police personnel who were killed in a road accident in Fatehgarh Sahib district recently.
Suitable jobs would be given to a family member of each of the six police personnel killed, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal announced in the State Assembly here.
Also, Rs 2 lakh to the family of each deceased and free treatment to the injured police personnel would be given, he said.
Six Punjab Police personnel, including four constables, were killed and 11 others were injured when their jeep rammed into a roadside tree at village Lohari, 10 km from Fatehgarh Sahib, on March 18.
All of them were posted at Khamano police station and were on their way to attend a police parade at Mohadian in the district, according to police.
The deceased were identified as constables Amandeep Singh (24), Gurpreet Singh (23), Kesar Singh (45), woman constable Raj Kaur (20), head constable Manjinder Singh (37) and home guard Varinder Partap (40).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch