Punjab CM announces job to kin of 6 cops killed in accident
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Friday announced jobs to the kin of six state police personnel who were killed in a road accident in Fatehgarh Sahib district recently.
Suitable jobs would be given to a family member of each of the six police personnel killed, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal announced in the State Assembly here.
Also, Rs 2 lakh to the family of each deceased and free treatment to the injured police personnel would be given, he said.
Six Punjab Police personnel, including four constables, were killed and 11 others were injured when their jeep rammed into a roadside tree at village Lohari, 10 km from Fatehgarh Sahib, on March 18.
All of them were posted at Khamano police station and were on their way to attend a police parade at Mohadian in the district, according to police.
The deceased were identified as constables Amandeep Singh (24), Gurpreet Singh (23), Kesar Singh (45), woman constable Raj Kaur (20), head constable Manjinder Singh (37) and home guard Varinder Partap (40).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter