Punjab CM assures cooperation to Army on drug de-addiction centers
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today offered support and cooperation to the Army for the setting up of drug de-addiction centers in the border districts of Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Ferozepur besides at Jalandhar.
An assurance to this effect was given by the Chief Minister to the General Officer in Commanding-in-Chief Western Command Lieutenant General K J Singh, who called on him at his residence here, an official spokesman said.
The Chief Minister assured of all possible help for this philanthropic cause and asked the Army officers and state government officers to jointly work out the modalities for the establishment of such centers.
He also offered to allot land free of cost to the Army authorities for these drug de-addiction centers to be manned by them.
Badal also impressed upon the top officer of Western Command to work out a plan for a big project for the development of border areas jointly with the state government in core sectors of Health and Education.
The Chief Minister said that since Army had vast experience and expertise to handle such projects efficiently, that`s why he was insisting to optimally utilise their potential for the successful implementation of these schemes.
Responding to the proposals put forth by the Chief Minister for setting up of drug de-addiction centers and a prestigious project in border area aimed at providing the best Health and Education facilities, Lieutenant General KJ Singh welcomed this initiative.
The Army would leave no stone unturned in realising these dream projects of Chief Minister into reality, Singh said, adding both these projects could be aptly implemented with mutual participation of the Army and state government.
Expressing gratitude to the Chief Minister for extending all possible support and cooperation to the Armed Forces, Lieutenant General KJ Singh said that the Punjab Model was best in the country for successfully managing the affairs of Punjab Ex Servicemen Corporation (PESCO), besides safeguarding the interest of ex-servicemen, with perceptible large concentration in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’