Punjab CM Badal`s wife cremated
Badal (Muktsar): The body of Surinder
Kaur Badal, wife of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal,
who died after battling cancer for a long time, was consigned
to flames here on Wednesday.
Her son and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal
lit the pyre.
Surinder Kaur, suffering from throat and pancreatic
cancer, died at PGIMER yesterday at the age of 75.
Shiv Raj V Patil and Jagannath Pahadia, Governors of
Punjab and Haryana respectively, laid wreaths on the body of
Family members, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda, his Himachal Pradesh counterpart Prem Kumar Dhumal and
a number of political leaders attended the funeral at Badal`s
native village here.
Badal`s brother Gurdas Singh Badal, his son Manpreet
Singh Badal, MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and former Haryana Chief
Minister Om Prakash Chautala also attended the cremation.
Senior BJP leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj were
unable to attend the cremation as their aircraft could not
take off from Bathinda airport due to inclement weather.
Earlier, the residence of Sukhbir Badal was thrown
open to the people to pay their last respects to the departed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder