Punjab CM Badal`s wife cremated
Badal (Muktsar): The body of Surinder
Kaur Badal, wife of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal,
who died after battling cancer for a long time, was consigned
to flames here on Wednesday.
Her son and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal
lit the pyre.
Surinder Kaur, suffering from throat and pancreatic
cancer, died at PGIMER yesterday at the age of 75.
Shiv Raj V Patil and Jagannath Pahadia, Governors of
Punjab and Haryana respectively, laid wreaths on the body of
Family members, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh
Hooda, his Himachal Pradesh counterpart Prem Kumar Dhumal and
a number of political leaders attended the funeral at Badal`s
native village here.
Badal`s brother Gurdas Singh Badal, his son Manpreet
Singh Badal, MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and former Haryana Chief
Minister Om Prakash Chautala also attended the cremation.
Senior BJP leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj were
unable to attend the cremation as their aircraft could not
take off from Bathinda airport due to inclement weather.
Earlier, the residence of Sukhbir Badal was thrown
open to the people to pay their last respects to the departed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof