Punjab CM checks preparations for war memorial`s stone-laying event
Amritsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday inspected the arrangements for the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a war memorial here on February 12.
Talking to the media, Badal said the total cost of Punjab State War Heroes Memorial and Museum will be Rs 106 crore. The memorial, spread over six acres, will be completed within one and a half years.
This war memorial would depict the role and sacrifice made by the army for the nation, Badal said.
To built such a memorial is a matter of pride for Punjab, he said.
Keeping in mind the heavy movement of VVIPs and people for participation in the event, the district administration has announced holiday for all district-level government and private schools on February 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy