Punjab CM contenders: Amarinder richer than Badal
Chandigarh: Between the two political
stalwarts in Punjab, former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder
Singh is wealthier than the incumbent Parkash Singh Badal.
Amarinder, Punjab Congress Chief, has shown a total
assets worth Rs 45.74 crore (including his wife Preneet Kaur?s
wealth) while Badal?s total assets are worth Rs 6.74 crore for
the years 2010-11, as per the declarations filed by both of
them along with their nominations.
Badal (84) has movable assets of Rs 1.21 crore which
includes cash of Rs 4.50 lakh and farm income of Rs 9.50 lakh.
The bank accounts of Badal have deposits worth Rs 7.17 lakh.
Amarinder, who is called ?Maharaja? by his supporters,
has shown moveable assets worth Rs 6.74 crore including cash
in hand amounting to Rs 5 lakh, bank deposits of Rs 10.54 lakh
and investment in bonds or shares worth Rs 65.45 lakh.
The immovable assets of Amarinder (69), who is
contesting from Patiala Urban constituency, includes New Moti
Bagh Palace worth Rs 35 crore.
He also owns a flat in Dubai worth Rs 80 lakh, besides
having a farmhouse at Kandiali village in Shimla worth Rs 2
crore. His wife Preneet Kaur has assets worth Rs 1.55 crore.
Parkash Singh Badal has shown immovable assets of Rs 5.54
crore, including farm land in Sirsa worth Rs 4.80 crore.
Badal has gold jewelry worth Rs 3.25 lakh and Amarinder
has gold and silver jewelry worth Rs 55.89 lakh.
However, Amarinder, who was commissioned in the Army in
1963, owes Rs 51,982 to Income Tax department of 2003-04 as
dues. Badal has no dues against his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!