Punjab CM contenders: Amarinder richer than Badal
Chandigarh: Between the two political
stalwarts in Punjab, former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder
Singh is wealthier than the incumbent Parkash Singh Badal.
Amarinder, Punjab Congress Chief, has shown a total
assets worth Rs 45.74 crore (including his wife Preneet Kaur?s
wealth) while Badal?s total assets are worth Rs 6.74 crore for
the years 2010-11, as per the declarations filed by both of
them along with their nominations.
Badal (84) has movable assets of Rs 1.21 crore which
includes cash of Rs 4.50 lakh and farm income of Rs 9.50 lakh.
The bank accounts of Badal have deposits worth Rs 7.17 lakh.
Amarinder, who is called ?Maharaja? by his supporters,
has shown moveable assets worth Rs 6.74 crore including cash
in hand amounting to Rs 5 lakh, bank deposits of Rs 10.54 lakh
and investment in bonds or shares worth Rs 65.45 lakh.
The immovable assets of Amarinder (69), who is
contesting from Patiala Urban constituency, includes New Moti
Bagh Palace worth Rs 35 crore.
He also owns a flat in Dubai worth Rs 80 lakh, besides
having a farmhouse at Kandiali village in Shimla worth Rs 2
crore. His wife Preneet Kaur has assets worth Rs 1.55 crore.
Parkash Singh Badal has shown immovable assets of Rs 5.54
crore, including farm land in Sirsa worth Rs 4.80 crore.
Badal has gold jewelry worth Rs 3.25 lakh and Amarinder
has gold and silver jewelry worth Rs 55.89 lakh.
However, Amarinder, who was commissioned in the Army in
1963, owes Rs 51,982 to Income Tax department of 2003-04 as
dues. Badal has no dues against his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH