Punjab CM, DyCM on hit-list of terrorists: DGP
Patiala: Terror groups across the border are planning to kill Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal and his son, deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, a senior
police official on Friday said.
Director General of Police PS Gill said while interrogating suspected militants, who were arrested recently, it was revealed that radical outfits across the border have
named the father-son duo on their hit-list.
He, however, refused to name other VIPs on the hit-list of the terrorists, but said the state police will bear no laxity in providing security to the Badals and other VIPs.
The Centre has asked the state government to provide security to the chief minister and his deputy at its own, DGF told reporters here.
The Centre had informed the state that 100 CISF personnel in security of Sukhbir would be withdrawn after December 31.
In absence of CISF personnel, newly formed Special Security Group in Punjab will provide security cover to the duo.
The DGP said the state police and SSG are self-sufficient to look after the deputy CM`s security, adding the SSG men will be well-trained to take on the responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?