Punjab CM, DyCM on hit-list of terrorists: DGP
Patiala: Terror groups across the border are planning to kill Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal and his son, deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, a senior
police official on Friday said.
Director General of Police PS Gill said while interrogating suspected militants, who were arrested recently, it was revealed that radical outfits across the border have
named the father-son duo on their hit-list.
He, however, refused to name other VIPs on the hit-list of the terrorists, but said the state police will bear no laxity in providing security to the Badals and other VIPs.
The Centre has asked the state government to provide security to the chief minister and his deputy at its own, DGF told reporters here.
The Centre had informed the state that 100 CISF personnel in security of Sukhbir would be withdrawn after December 31.
In absence of CISF personnel, newly formed Special Security Group in Punjab will provide security cover to the duo.
The DGP said the state police and SSG are self-sufficient to look after the deputy CM`s security, adding the SSG men will be well-trained to take on the responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands