Punjab CM, DyCM on hit-list of terrorists: DGP
Patiala: Terror groups across the border are planning to kill Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal and his son, deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, a senior
police official on Friday said.
Director General of Police PS Gill said while interrogating suspected militants, who were arrested recently, it was revealed that radical outfits across the border have
named the father-son duo on their hit-list.
He, however, refused to name other VIPs on the hit-list of the terrorists, but said the state police will bear no laxity in providing security to the Badals and other VIPs.
The Centre has asked the state government to provide security to the chief minister and his deputy at its own, DGF told reporters here.
The Centre had informed the state that 100 CISF personnel in security of Sukhbir would be withdrawn after December 31.
In absence of CISF personnel, newly formed Special Security Group in Punjab will provide security cover to the duo.
The DGP said the state police and SSG are self-sufficient to look after the deputy CM`s security, adding the SSG men will be well-trained to take on the responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends