Punjab CM, DyCM on hit-list of terrorists: DGP
Patiala: Terror groups across the border are planning to kill Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal and his son, deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, a senior
police official on Friday said.
Director General of Police PS Gill said while interrogating suspected militants, who were arrested recently, it was revealed that radical outfits across the border have
named the father-son duo on their hit-list.
He, however, refused to name other VIPs on the hit-list of the terrorists, but said the state police will bear no laxity in providing security to the Badals and other VIPs.
The Centre has asked the state government to provide security to the chief minister and his deputy at its own, DGF told reporters here.
The Centre had informed the state that 100 CISF personnel in security of Sukhbir would be withdrawn after December 31.
In absence of CISF personnel, newly formed Special Security Group in Punjab will provide security cover to the duo.
The DGP said the state police and SSG are self-sufficient to look after the deputy CM`s security, adding the SSG men will be well-trained to take on the responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional