Punjab CM takes potshots at Congress leaders
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday took potshots at PCC chief Amarinder Singh and other Congress leaders, saying political immaturity of the opposition party had led to its drubbing in the recent elections.
"The top state Congress leadership was day dreaming for
forming next government in the state. They even went to the
extent of making appointments of highest offices of DGP, Chief
Secretary and Principal Secretary to Chief Minister even before
the results were declared," Badal observed in the Assembly.
Political immaturity, vendetta politics, five-star
culture, inaccessibility and arrogance led to the Congress`
debacle at the hands of SAD-BJP alliance, he said.
Terming Amarinder`s approach towards polls as
"uncivilised", Badal said, "Amarinder went to the extent of
using word `katleaam` (slaughter) for those party leaders who
deserted the Congress ahead of elections."
Badal also made oblique reference to some top officials
who shifted their loyalties to the other side sensing victory
of the Opposition.
He advised these officials to be always impartial and
remain loyal to their work.
Taking a jibe at former Leader of Opposition Rajinder
Kaur Bhattal after her replacement from the post of CLP
leader, he said, "I can understand the pain through which she
is going. It is really difficult."
Bhattal, who was sitting at the opposition benches,
passed a smile after hearing the remark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof