Punjab CM terms Food Safety Ordinance as "cover up exercise"
Ludhiana: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday alleged that the "hasty move" of bringing the Food Safety Ordinance by the Congress-led UPA Government was aimed at "distracting" the attention of the people from the various scams and scandals unearthed during the regime.
Interacting with reporters here, the chief minister termed the ordinance as a "cover up exercise" of the inefficient UPA government.
He said that SAD was not opposed to it but the timing of the Ordinance indicated that the UPA government was trying to cash it into votes in the ensuing general elections.
Badal said that besides food, the countrymen were also facing a number of other problems but the UPA government had turned a "blind eye" towards it by adopting the "pro-rich and anti-poor" stance.
The chief minister claimed that it was on record that the SAD-BJP government of the state has the distinction of being the maiden state of the country to ensure food security to its people by starting the Atta-Dal scheme in its previous tenure.
He added that the exorbitant inflation during the tenure of UPA government has accentuated the woes of the common man thereby making his life miserable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy