Punjab CM terms Food Safety Ordinance as "cover up exercise"
Ludhiana: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday alleged that the "hasty move" of bringing the Food Safety Ordinance by the Congress-led UPA Government was aimed at "distracting" the attention of the people from the various scams and scandals unearthed during the regime.
Interacting with reporters here, the chief minister termed the ordinance as a "cover up exercise" of the inefficient UPA government.
He said that SAD was not opposed to it but the timing of the Ordinance indicated that the UPA government was trying to cash it into votes in the ensuing general elections.
Badal said that besides food, the countrymen were also facing a number of other problems but the UPA government had turned a "blind eye" towards it by adopting the "pro-rich and anti-poor" stance.
The chief minister claimed that it was on record that the SAD-BJP government of the state has the distinction of being the maiden state of the country to ensure food security to its people by starting the Atta-Dal scheme in its previous tenure.
He added that the exorbitant inflation during the tenure of UPA government has accentuated the woes of the common man thereby making his life miserable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside