Punjab CM to convene meeting on drug menace
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday said he would soon convene a meeting of all departments of the state to find out ways and means to check the problem of drugs among the youth in the state.
Without naming Congress, he said "it is not appropriate for a political party to politicise the sensitive issue of the problem of drugs among the youth in the state."
The need of the hour was to find out how the drugs were reaching Punjab and what was the reason behind youths getting addicted to these, Badal told reporters here.
He, however, said there had been a free flow of drugs from Pakistan in Punjab.
The Chief Minister demanded a ban on open sale of poppy husk in Rajasthan.
Recently at a function at the Punjab University here, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had said seven out of 10 youths in Punjab were drug addicts sparking a controversy.
Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh had also asked Badal and his Deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal to take the problem of drug addiction among the youth in the state seriously.
Merely saying that there was influx of drugs into the state from Pakistan and Afghanistan was a classic case of passing the buck, Amarinder had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray