Punjab Cong condemns lathicharge on teachers
Chandigarh: Congress in Punjab on Monday condemned "brutal and ruthless repression" of teachers, including women, during a function held in Amritsar by the state government to mark Teacher`s Day.
"The teachers had gone there to take up their problems with the ministers on Teachers Day, but had to face the wrath of the police which has exposed the ugly face of the Parkash Singh Badal government," Punjab Congress President Mohinder Singh Kaypee said in a statement here.
Police lathicharged a group of unemployed elementary teachers in Amritsar yesterday when they allegedly tried to disrupt the state-level teachers` day function attended by
Education Minister Upinderjit Kaur and Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured