Punjab Cong condemns lathicharge on teachers
Chandigarh: Congress in Punjab on Monday condemned "brutal and ruthless repression" of teachers, including women, during a function held in Amritsar by the state government to mark Teacher`s Day.
"The teachers had gone there to take up their problems with the ministers on Teachers Day, but had to face the wrath of the police which has exposed the ugly face of the Parkash Singh Badal government," Punjab Congress President Mohinder Singh Kaypee said in a statement here.
Police lathicharged a group of unemployed elementary teachers in Amritsar yesterday when they allegedly tried to disrupt the state-level teachers` day function attended by
Education Minister Upinderjit Kaur and Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming