Punjab Cong condemns lathicharge on teachers
Chandigarh: Congress in Punjab on Monday condemned "brutal and ruthless repression" of teachers, including women, during a function held in Amritsar by the state government to mark Teacher`s Day.
"The teachers had gone there to take up their problems with the ministers on Teachers Day, but had to face the wrath of the police which has exposed the ugly face of the Parkash Singh Badal government," Punjab Congress President Mohinder Singh Kaypee said in a statement here.
Police lathicharged a group of unemployed elementary teachers in Amritsar yesterday when they allegedly tried to disrupt the state-level teachers` day function attended by
Education Minister Upinderjit Kaur and Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform