Punjab Cong condemns lathicharge on teachers
Chandigarh: Congress in Punjab on Monday condemned "brutal and ruthless repression" of teachers, including women, during a function held in Amritsar by the state government to mark Teacher`s Day.
"The teachers had gone there to take up their problems with the ministers on Teachers Day, but had to face the wrath of the police which has exposed the ugly face of the Parkash Singh Badal government," Punjab Congress President Mohinder Singh Kaypee said in a statement here.
Police lathicharged a group of unemployed elementary teachers in Amritsar yesterday when they allegedly tried to disrupt the state-level teachers` day function attended by
Education Minister Upinderjit Kaur and Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth