Punjab Cong launches campaign for Moga by-poll
Moga(Punjab): With local Congress MLA Joginderpal Jain switching sides by joining the ruling SAD, Punjab Congress leaders Wednesday asked the people of Moga to ensure the victory of their candidate in the upcoming by-poll.
Senior Congress leaders, including state unit chief Amarinder Singh, Congress Working Committee member Jagmeet Singh Brar and several sitting MLAs attended a party rally here during which they exhorted the electorate of the constituency to ensure the victory of their party candidate.
The Moga seat fell vacant after the Congress MLA Joginder Pal Jain resigned and joined SAD (Badal), which has promised to field him from this Assembly segment in the by-poll.
The PCC President reminded the ruling SAD that "it should not take it for granted that it will remain in power for five years just because it won the elections."
"We have seen President`s rule being imposed (earlier)," he warned while referring to the alleged law and order deterioration in the state.
Meanwhile, reacting sharply to the party`s rally, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said that "Congress should be prepared for a more humiliating defeat in Moga".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla