Punjab Cong launches campaign for Moga by-poll
Moga(Punjab): With local Congress MLA Joginderpal Jain switching sides by joining the ruling SAD, Punjab Congress leaders Wednesday asked the people of Moga to ensure the victory of their candidate in the upcoming by-poll.
Senior Congress leaders, including state unit chief Amarinder Singh, Congress Working Committee member Jagmeet Singh Brar and several sitting MLAs attended a party rally here during which they exhorted the electorate of the constituency to ensure the victory of their party candidate.
The Moga seat fell vacant after the Congress MLA Joginder Pal Jain resigned and joined SAD (Badal), which has promised to field him from this Assembly segment in the by-poll.
The PCC President reminded the ruling SAD that "it should not take it for granted that it will remain in power for five years just because it won the elections."
"We have seen President`s rule being imposed (earlier)," he warned while referring to the alleged law and order deterioration in the state.
Meanwhile, reacting sharply to the party`s rally, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said that "Congress should be prepared for a more humiliating defeat in Moga".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog