Punjab Cong releases manifesto for civic polls
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Friday released its manifesto for the municipal corporation elections promising not to impose property tax on residential units, regularise illegal colonies and made the civic bodies corruption free.
The manifesto promised corruption free functioning in the municipal corporations and said the party will ensure zero tolerance to corruption. It promised 24-hour telephone helpline at every corporation and time bound redressal of all the complaints, a party spokesman said.
The party also promised to set up `Suvidha centres` at every corporation for single window clearing of all applications if it came to power in the civic bodies.
There will be no property tax on residential properties. Besides, there will be rationalisation and reduction of property tax on commercial establishments owned by proprietorship and partnership concerns.
House tax will not be charged on properties in areas which have not been taken over by municipal corporations, he said.
The manifesto promised regularisation of all unauthorised colonies within municipal limits and extension of municipal limits up to 2-5 km from present municipal boundaries.
Elections to four MCs including Ludhiana, Patiala, Jalandhar and Amritsar will be held on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars