Punjab Cong releases manifesto for civic polls
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Friday released its manifesto for the municipal corporation elections promising not to impose property tax on residential units, regularise illegal colonies and made the civic bodies corruption free.
The manifesto promised corruption free functioning in the municipal corporations and said the party will ensure zero tolerance to corruption. It promised 24-hour telephone helpline at every corporation and time bound redressal of all the complaints, a party spokesman said.
The party also promised to set up `Suvidha centres` at every corporation for single window clearing of all applications if it came to power in the civic bodies.
There will be no property tax on residential properties. Besides, there will be rationalisation and reduction of property tax on commercial establishments owned by proprietorship and partnership concerns.
House tax will not be charged on properties in areas which have not been taken over by municipal corporations, he said.
The manifesto promised regularisation of all unauthorised colonies within municipal limits and extension of municipal limits up to 2-5 km from present municipal boundaries.
Elections to four MCs including Ludhiana, Patiala, Jalandhar and Amritsar will be held on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand