`Punjab Cong will collapse after Dasuya by-poll`
Hoshiarpur: Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday claimed the state Congress would collapse after Dasuya by-election on July 11.
"The Congress leaders from the state have accepted the fact that their party would never return to power in the state," he said while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Sukhjit Kaur Sahi here.
Citing Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, he said "it was the history of Congress party to collapse in all those states where it remained out of power for more than 5 years".
Congress failed to regain power in Punjab in the assembly polls held earlier this year.
While campaigning in Giljian, Kularan, Rashpalwan Nagar, Saggran, Uchi, Bassi villages and Dasuya town, he thanked the people of Punjab for voting in favour of SAD-BJP alliance.
"We are asking for votes on the basis of our performance," he added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3