`Punjab Cong will collapse after Dasuya by-poll`
Hoshiarpur: Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday claimed the state Congress would collapse after Dasuya by-election on July 11.
"The Congress leaders from the state have accepted the fact that their party would never return to power in the state," he said while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Sukhjit Kaur Sahi here.
Citing Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, he said "it was the history of Congress party to collapse in all those states where it remained out of power for more than 5 years".
Congress failed to regain power in Punjab in the assembly polls held earlier this year.
While campaigning in Giljian, Kularan, Rashpalwan Nagar, Saggran, Uchi, Bassi villages and Dasuya town, he thanked the people of Punjab for voting in favour of SAD-BJP alliance.
"We are asking for votes on the basis of our performance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA