`Punjab Cong will collapse after Dasuya by-poll`
Hoshiarpur: Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday claimed the state Congress would collapse after Dasuya by-election on July 11.
"The Congress leaders from the state have accepted the fact that their party would never return to power in the state," he said while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Sukhjit Kaur Sahi here.
Citing Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, he said "it was the history of Congress party to collapse in all those states where it remained out of power for more than 5 years".
Congress failed to regain power in Punjab in the assembly polls held earlier this year.
While campaigning in Giljian, Kularan, Rashpalwan Nagar, Saggran, Uchi, Bassi villages and Dasuya town, he thanked the people of Punjab for voting in favour of SAD-BJP alliance.
"We are asking for votes on the basis of our performance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'