`Punjab Cong will collapse after Dasuya by-poll`
Hoshiarpur: Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday claimed the state Congress would collapse after Dasuya by-election on July 11.
"The Congress leaders from the state have accepted the fact that their party would never return to power in the state," he said while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Sukhjit Kaur Sahi here.
Citing Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, he said "it was the history of Congress party to collapse in all those states where it remained out of power for more than 5 years".
Congress failed to regain power in Punjab in the assembly polls held earlier this year.
While campaigning in Giljian, Kularan, Rashpalwan Nagar, Saggran, Uchi, Bassi villages and Dasuya town, he thanked the people of Punjab for voting in favour of SAD-BJP alliance.
"We are asking for votes on the basis of our performance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!