`Punjab Cong will collapse after Dasuya by-poll`
Hoshiarpur: Shiromani Akali Dal President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday claimed the state Congress would collapse after Dasuya by-election on July 11.
"The Congress leaders from the state have accepted the fact that their party would never return to power in the state," he said while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Sukhjit Kaur Sahi here.
Citing Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, he said "it was the history of Congress party to collapse in all those states where it remained out of power for more than 5 years".
Congress failed to regain power in Punjab in the assembly polls held earlier this year.
While campaigning in Giljian, Kularan, Rashpalwan Nagar, Saggran, Uchi, Bassi villages and Dasuya town, he thanked the people of Punjab for voting in favour of SAD-BJP alliance.
"We are asking for votes on the basis of our performance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city