Punjab Congress demands CBI probe into NRI`s hotel grab in Delhi
Chandigarh: The Punjab Congress has urged a CBI probe into the alleged illegal seizure of a NRI`s couple hotel in Delhi by a `close aide` of deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
The hotel belonged to NRI Harbhajan Singh Chopra of the UK and is estimated to be worth Rs 300 crore, according to Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira.
Khaira said he had video grabs of the NRI couple in which they narrated how the hotel was allegedly usurped by the SAD leader`s close aide Krishan Kumar.
He alleged that Kumar implicated the couple in a false extortion case after they filed a recovery suit of Rs 12 crore against the hotel.
Kumar was using state police for unlawful and criminal activities and was assisted by Badal family, he alleged.
Khaira also claimed that the Chopras were robbed of jewellery worth Rs 50 lakh, another Rs 50 lakh from the sale of land belonging to them in village Jadla in Nawanshahar and Rs 30 lakh from the proceeds of a car.
Rubbishing the allegations a spokesman the deputy CM said, "Congress has become frustrated after becoming politically irrelevant in Punjab."
He said the Badal family had nothing to do with Kumar and there was no question of patronising him.
"The Congressmen out of frustration have lost their mental balance and levelling baseless allegations to tarnish the image of Badal family," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days