Punjab: Congress MLA to join SAD
Moga: Joginder Pal Jain, the Congress MLA
from Moga in Punjab, has decided to resign from the party and the state assembly before joining the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
He will be inducted into SAD in the presence of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal at a function in Chandigarh on December 26, party sources said.
Confirming that he was quitting the party and as an MLA, Jain told reporters he had been offered SAD ticket to contest again from Moga.
In reply to a question, he said had asked both the Chief Minister and his Deputy for a cabinet berth.
Both had assured him "good political assignment", he said.
In 2012 state assembly election, Jain defeated former DGP Paramdeep Singh Gill who contested on SAD ticket.
Some Congress leaders, including MLAs, have asked Jain to reconsider his decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!