Punjab: Congress MLA to join SAD
Moga: Joginder Pal Jain, the Congress MLA
from Moga in Punjab, has decided to resign from the party and the state assembly before joining the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
He will be inducted into SAD in the presence of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal at a function in Chandigarh on December 26, party sources said.
Confirming that he was quitting the party and as an MLA, Jain told reporters he had been offered SAD ticket to contest again from Moga.
In reply to a question, he said had asked both the Chief Minister and his Deputy for a cabinet berth.
Both had assured him "good political assignment", he said.
In 2012 state assembly election, Jain defeated former DGP Paramdeep Singh Gill who contested on SAD ticket.
Some Congress leaders, including MLAs, have asked Jain to reconsider his decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi