Punjab Congress scuttling central grants: Sukhbir
Mohali: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said that UPA government was trying to scuttle central grants for the state.
Speaking to reporters at a function here, Badal said that the Punjab Congress unit spent last five years in scuttling central grants, development package for the state with the hope that they would be able to derail the accelerated development campaign of SAD-BJP Government.
He was speaking at a function appointing famous Punjabi folk singer and film artist Harbhajan Mann as new Chairman of District Planning Committee.
Badal said that despite their vicious campaign our government was able to showcase unprecedented development to the electorate, on which they have put their stamp of approval by re-electing the same government.
He said that electorates of Punjab have seen through the anti-state game of Congress party and had punished them by dumping them in Vidhan Sabha elections.
The Deputy Chief Minister regretted that whereas in other states all parties join their hands to seek central grants for the states but frustrated Punjab congress party has failed to sense the anger of electorates on this issue.
When asked about choice of Mann as new chairman, Badal said that the SAD-BJP has chosen Mann as he has ability, vision and international exposure to take the development of Mohali (Ajitgarh) district in the higher orbit.
He said that besides continuing old unfinished projects Mohali would soon have international level exhibition center besides a convention center to give a promotion platform to IT companies setting up their units here.
In the next two-three years Mohali would witness such an unprecedented development that it would put the parent city Chandigarh in shade.
He said that with the operationalisation of international flights from Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport Mohali, the development of this region as international IT hub would get a big boost.
On the issue of problems of grain storage, Badal put the blame squarely on the Union Government’s old habit of taking decision when harvest season was over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi