Punjab considers replicating Lahore`s solid waste management model
Jalalabad: Punjab government is considering a proposal to replicate the solid waste management model employed in Lahore in urban clusters of the state.
A three-member delegation of a company responsible for the waste management system in the Pakistani city today gave a presentation to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal here on the issue, a state government release said.
The presentation follows the visit of Commissioners of Punjab Corporations to Lahore recently to see the urban solid waste management system there, it said.
The delegation is on a three-day visit to Punjab to study in depth, the problems of urban waste management in various cities of the state, especially of thickly populated corporation towns.
Badal has also called a meeting of all Commissioners and the company representatives on April 15 to discuss various options regarding waste management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar