Punjab considers replicating Lahore`s solid waste management model
Jalalabad: Punjab government is considering a proposal to replicate the solid waste management model employed in Lahore in urban clusters of the state.
A three-member delegation of a company responsible for the waste management system in the Pakistani city today gave a presentation to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal here on the issue, a state government release said.
The presentation follows the visit of Commissioners of Punjab Corporations to Lahore recently to see the urban solid waste management system there, it said.
The delegation is on a three-day visit to Punjab to study in depth, the problems of urban waste management in various cities of the state, especially of thickly populated corporation towns.
Badal has also called a meeting of all Commissioners and the company representatives on April 15 to discuss various options regarding waste management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?