Punjab considers replicating Lahore`s solid waste management model
Jalalabad: Punjab government is considering a proposal to replicate the solid waste management model employed in Lahore in urban clusters of the state.
A three-member delegation of a company responsible for the waste management system in the Pakistani city today gave a presentation to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal here on the issue, a state government release said.
The presentation follows the visit of Commissioners of Punjab Corporations to Lahore recently to see the urban solid waste management system there, it said.
The delegation is on a three-day visit to Punjab to study in depth, the problems of urban waste management in various cities of the state, especially of thickly populated corporation towns.
Badal has also called a meeting of all Commissioners and the company representatives on April 15 to discuss various options regarding waste management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley