Punjab considers replicating Lahore`s solid waste management model
Jalalabad: Punjab government is considering a proposal to replicate the solid waste management model employed in Lahore in urban clusters of the state.
A three-member delegation of a company responsible for the waste management system in the Pakistani city today gave a presentation to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal here on the issue, a state government release said.
The presentation follows the visit of Commissioners of Punjab Corporations to Lahore recently to see the urban solid waste management system there, it said.
The delegation is on a three-day visit to Punjab to study in depth, the problems of urban waste management in various cities of the state, especially of thickly populated corporation towns.
Badal has also called a meeting of all Commissioners and the company representatives on April 15 to discuss various options regarding waste management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown