Punjab cop dismissed for sodomising 8-year-old
Jalandhar: A Punjab Police constable was on Saturday dismissed from service for allegedly sodomising an eight-year-old boy here, an official said.
The constable, Sanjiv Kumar, was booked by police on Friday evening after the victim told his family that the policeman had sexually assaulted him.
A senior police officer said that the constable has been dismissed from service following the incident.
The victim, who is the son of a migrant labourer from Uttar Pradesh, lived in the neighbourhood of the constable. The victim had come to this Punjab city, 150 km from Chandigarh, with his family recently and was to take admission in a school.
The constable had lured the boy to his room by offering biscuits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium
- Nepal bans Indian police couple for faking Everest climb
- Three hurt in suicide blast at China's Kyrgyzstan embassy
- Obama to meet Philippines' controversial President next week
- Kareena Kapoor Khan congratulates Shahid Kapoor on becoming a proud parent! Full story inside