Punjab cop dismissed for sodomising 8-year-old
Jalandhar: A Punjab Police constable was on Saturday dismissed from service for allegedly sodomising an eight-year-old boy here, an official said.
The constable, Sanjiv Kumar, was booked by police on Friday evening after the victim told his family that the policeman had sexually assaulted him.
A senior police officer said that the constable has been dismissed from service following the incident.
The victim, who is the son of a migrant labourer from Uttar Pradesh, lived in the neighbourhood of the constable. The victim had come to this Punjab city, 150 km from Chandigarh, with his family recently and was to take admission in a school.
The constable had lured the boy to his room by offering biscuits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan