Punjab cop dismissed for sodomising 8-year-old
Jalandhar: A Punjab Police constable was on Saturday dismissed from service for allegedly sodomising an eight-year-old boy here, an official said.
The constable, Sanjiv Kumar, was booked by police on Friday evening after the victim told his family that the policeman had sexually assaulted him.
A senior police officer said that the constable has been dismissed from service following the incident.
The victim, who is the son of a migrant labourer from Uttar Pradesh, lived in the neighbourhood of the constable. The victim had come to this Punjab city, 150 km from Chandigarh, with his family recently and was to take admission in a school.
The constable had lured the boy to his room by offering biscuits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement