Punjab cop’s daughter to be appointed SI
Chandigarh: Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday night ordered that the daughter of ASI Ravinder Pal Singh, who was shot dead on Wednesday, may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in Punjab police as a special case.
"The girl displayed exemplary courage," said the Deputy Chief Minister.
The formalities to appoint the 23-year-old girl as SI will be completed soon, official sources said.
Earlier in the day, Badal had ordered the dismissal of Ashwani Kumar, SHO Chhehrta, who did not entertain the complaint of the girl. Punjab DGP Sumedh Saini has dismissed the SHO from service.
The girls` father was shot dead allegedly by local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana in broad daylight in Amritsar when he reached the spot to protect his daughter from being harassed by the ruling party leader.
Rana has been arrested and expelled by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda