Punjab cop’s daughter to be appointed SI
Chandigarh: Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday night ordered that the daughter of ASI Ravinder Pal Singh, who was shot dead on Wednesday, may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in Punjab police as a special case.
"The girl displayed exemplary courage," said the Deputy Chief Minister.
The formalities to appoint the 23-year-old girl as SI will be completed soon, official sources said.
Earlier in the day, Badal had ordered the dismissal of Ashwani Kumar, SHO Chhehrta, who did not entertain the complaint of the girl. Punjab DGP Sumedh Saini has dismissed the SHO from service.
The girls` father was shot dead allegedly by local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana in broad daylight in Amritsar when he reached the spot to protect his daughter from being harassed by the ruling party leader.
Rana has been arrested and expelled by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test