Punjab cop’s daughter to be appointed SI
Chandigarh: Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday night ordered that the daughter of ASI Ravinder Pal Singh, who was shot dead on Wednesday, may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in Punjab police as a special case.
"The girl displayed exemplary courage," said the Deputy Chief Minister.
The formalities to appoint the 23-year-old girl as SI will be completed soon, official sources said.
Earlier in the day, Badal had ordered the dismissal of Ashwani Kumar, SHO Chhehrta, who did not entertain the complaint of the girl. Punjab DGP Sumedh Saini has dismissed the SHO from service.
The girls` father was shot dead allegedly by local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana in broad daylight in Amritsar when he reached the spot to protect his daughter from being harassed by the ruling party leader.
Rana has been arrested and expelled by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez