Punjab cop’s daughter to be appointed SI
Chandigarh: Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday night ordered that the daughter of ASI Ravinder Pal Singh, who was shot dead on Wednesday, may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in Punjab police as a special case.
"The girl displayed exemplary courage," said the Deputy Chief Minister.
The formalities to appoint the 23-year-old girl as SI will be completed soon, official sources said.
Earlier in the day, Badal had ordered the dismissal of Ashwani Kumar, SHO Chhehrta, who did not entertain the complaint of the girl. Punjab DGP Sumedh Saini has dismissed the SHO from service.
The girls` father was shot dead allegedly by local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana in broad daylight in Amritsar when he reached the spot to protect his daughter from being harassed by the ruling party leader.
Rana has been arrested and expelled by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH