Punjab: CPI-M manifesto assures nonstop power
Chandigarh: The CPI-M on Thursday promised to waive
all loans of farmers, ensure uninterrupted power to the
agriculture sector and supply good quality seeds, pesticides
and fertilizers at subsidized rates.
In its election manifesto, the CPI-M, which is contesting
the Punjab polls under the banner of Sanjha Morcha consisting
of CPI and Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP), promised loans to
farmers at four per cent interest.
Releasing the manifesto, CPI-M Punjab unit secretary
Charan Singh Virdi said that to ensure remunerative prices for
agricultural produce the policy of support price and
government procurement should be continued.
Forward trading should be stopped he said adding
irrigation facilities should be improved.
The party listed corruption, rising prices, unemployment,
crisis in agriculture, costly education and unaffordable
health facilities as prime issues before the people.
It asked the electorate to get rid of the successive
Congress and Akali-BJP regimes if they wanted the state to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!