Punjab: CPI-M manifesto assures nonstop power
Chandigarh: The CPI-M on Thursday promised to waive
all loans of farmers, ensure uninterrupted power to the
agriculture sector and supply good quality seeds, pesticides
and fertilizers at subsidized rates.
In its election manifesto, the CPI-M, which is contesting
the Punjab polls under the banner of Sanjha Morcha consisting
of CPI and Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP), promised loans to
farmers at four per cent interest.
Releasing the manifesto, CPI-M Punjab unit secretary
Charan Singh Virdi said that to ensure remunerative prices for
agricultural produce the policy of support price and
government procurement should be continued.
Forward trading should be stopped he said adding
irrigation facilities should be improved.
The party listed corruption, rising prices, unemployment,
crisis in agriculture, costly education and unaffordable
health facilities as prime issues before the people.
It asked the electorate to get rid of the successive
Congress and Akali-BJP regimes if they wanted the state to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani