Punjab: CPI-M manifesto assures nonstop power
Chandigarh: The CPI-M on Thursday promised to waive
all loans of farmers, ensure uninterrupted power to the
agriculture sector and supply good quality seeds, pesticides
and fertilizers at subsidized rates.
In its election manifesto, the CPI-M, which is contesting
the Punjab polls under the banner of Sanjha Morcha consisting
of CPI and Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP), promised loans to
farmers at four per cent interest.
Releasing the manifesto, CPI-M Punjab unit secretary
Charan Singh Virdi said that to ensure remunerative prices for
agricultural produce the policy of support price and
government procurement should be continued.
Forward trading should be stopped he said adding
irrigation facilities should be improved.
The party listed corruption, rising prices, unemployment,
crisis in agriculture, costly education and unaffordable
health facilities as prime issues before the people.
It asked the electorate to get rid of the successive
Congress and Akali-BJP regimes if they wanted the state to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?