Punjab: CPI-M manifesto assures nonstop power
Chandigarh: The CPI-M on Thursday promised to waive
all loans of farmers, ensure uninterrupted power to the
agriculture sector and supply good quality seeds, pesticides
and fertilizers at subsidized rates.
In its election manifesto, the CPI-M, which is contesting
the Punjab polls under the banner of Sanjha Morcha consisting
of CPI and Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP), promised loans to
farmers at four per cent interest.
Releasing the manifesto, CPI-M Punjab unit secretary
Charan Singh Virdi said that to ensure remunerative prices for
agricultural produce the policy of support price and
government procurement should be continued.
Forward trading should be stopped he said adding
irrigation facilities should be improved.
The party listed corruption, rising prices, unemployment,
crisis in agriculture, costly education and unaffordable
health facilities as prime issues before the people.
It asked the electorate to get rid of the successive
Congress and Akali-BJP regimes if they wanted the state to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?