Punjab: CPI-M manifesto assures nonstop power
Chandigarh: The CPI-M on Thursday promised to waive
all loans of farmers, ensure uninterrupted power to the
agriculture sector and supply good quality seeds, pesticides
and fertilizers at subsidized rates.
In its election manifesto, the CPI-M, which is contesting
the Punjab polls under the banner of Sanjha Morcha consisting
of CPI and Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP), promised loans to
farmers at four per cent interest.
Releasing the manifesto, CPI-M Punjab unit secretary
Charan Singh Virdi said that to ensure remunerative prices for
agricultural produce the policy of support price and
government procurement should be continued.
Forward trading should be stopped he said adding
irrigation facilities should be improved.
The party listed corruption, rising prices, unemployment,
crisis in agriculture, costly education and unaffordable
health facilities as prime issues before the people.
It asked the electorate to get rid of the successive
Congress and Akali-BJP regimes if they wanted the state to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets