Punjab: Four booked in Dowry death case
Chandigarh: Four people, including a woman, were booked on Friday in a case of dowry death in Punjab`s Zirakpur town, police said.
Gagandeep Kaur, 26, who was recently married to Kulwant Singh, was found dead at her in-law`s house at Himmatgarh Dhakola village near Zirakpur, 10 km from state capital Chandigarh, late on Thursday.
"We had sent the body for post-mortem. The report said Gagandeep died of strangulation," police officer Yogi Raj said.
"We have booked four people on the basis of a written complaint submitted by Sukhdev Singh, father of the deceased," he added.
The accused who have been booked for dowry death are the victim`s husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law`s husband and another relative.
"Sukhdev said Kulwant and his family members were harassing his daughter to bring more dowry. She was not even allowed to go to her parents` home. Our investigation is on and very soon we will arrest the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal