Punjab: Four booked in Dowry death case
Chandigarh: Four people, including a woman, were booked on Friday in a case of dowry death in Punjab`s Zirakpur town, police said.
Gagandeep Kaur, 26, who was recently married to Kulwant Singh, was found dead at her in-law`s house at Himmatgarh Dhakola village near Zirakpur, 10 km from state capital Chandigarh, late on Thursday.
"We had sent the body for post-mortem. The report said Gagandeep died of strangulation," police officer Yogi Raj said.
"We have booked four people on the basis of a written complaint submitted by Sukhdev Singh, father of the deceased," he added.
The accused who have been booked for dowry death are the victim`s husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law`s husband and another relative.
"Sukhdev said Kulwant and his family members were harassing his daughter to bring more dowry. She was not even allowed to go to her parents` home. Our investigation is on and very soon we will arrest the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi