Punjab: Four-storey building collapse, two trapped
Amritsar: A four-storey building collapsed in
the walled city here on Monday and two women are feared to be
trapped under the debris, an official said.
Two women are feared to be trapped under the debris, since
at the time of the accident Mehak (19) and her mother were on
the ground floor of the house, Executive Magistrate Vinay
Sharma said rescue work was on for the last six hours, and
debris were being removed so that the women could be rescued.
Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal said that rescue work
couldn`t be sped up, since debris cleaning work was being done
manually due to narrowness of lane approaching the collapsed
Naresh Kumar, father of Mehak, alleged that rescue was
going on a slow pace, since district administration had no
interest to save his family alive.
He sought help of the Army to save his family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India