Punjab: Four-storey building collapse, two trapped
Amritsar: A four-storey building collapsed in
the walled city here on Monday and two women are feared to be
trapped under the debris, an official said.
Two women are feared to be trapped under the debris, since
at the time of the accident Mehak (19) and her mother were on
the ground floor of the house, Executive Magistrate Vinay
Sharma said rescue work was on for the last six hours, and
debris were being removed so that the women could be rescued.
Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal said that rescue work
couldn`t be sped up, since debris cleaning work was being done
manually due to narrowness of lane approaching the collapsed
Naresh Kumar, father of Mehak, alleged that rescue was
going on a slow pace, since district administration had no
interest to save his family alive.
He sought help of the Army to save his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016