Punjab: Four-storey building collapse, two trapped
Amritsar: A four-storey building collapsed in
the walled city here on Monday and two women are feared to be
trapped under the debris, an official said.
Two women are feared to be trapped under the debris, since
at the time of the accident Mehak (19) and her mother were on
the ground floor of the house, Executive Magistrate Vinay
Sharma said rescue work was on for the last six hours, and
debris were being removed so that the women could be rescued.
Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal said that rescue work
couldn`t be sped up, since debris cleaning work was being done
manually due to narrowness of lane approaching the collapsed
Naresh Kumar, father of Mehak, alleged that rescue was
going on a slow pace, since district administration had no
interest to save his family alive.
He sought help of the Army to save his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures