Punjab: Four-storey building collapse, two trapped
Amritsar: A four-storey building collapsed in
the walled city here on Monday and two women are feared to be
trapped under the debris, an official said.
Two women are feared to be trapped under the debris, since
at the time of the accident Mehak (19) and her mother were on
the ground floor of the house, Executive Magistrate Vinay
Sharma said rescue work was on for the last six hours, and
debris were being removed so that the women could be rescued.
Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal said that rescue work
couldn`t be sped up, since debris cleaning work was being done
manually due to narrowness of lane approaching the collapsed
Naresh Kumar, father of Mehak, alleged that rescue was
going on a slow pace, since district administration had no
interest to save his family alive.
He sought help of the Army to save his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!