Punjab: Four-storey building collapse, two trapped
Amritsar: A four-storey building collapsed in
the walled city here on Monday and two women are feared to be
trapped under the debris, an official said.
Two women are feared to be trapped under the debris, since
at the time of the accident Mehak (19) and her mother were on
the ground floor of the house, Executive Magistrate Vinay
Sharma said rescue work was on for the last six hours, and
debris were being removed so that the women could be rescued.
Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal said that rescue work
couldn`t be sped up, since debris cleaning work was being done
manually due to narrowness of lane approaching the collapsed
Naresh Kumar, father of Mehak, alleged that rescue was
going on a slow pace, since district administration had no
interest to save his family alive.
He sought help of the Army to save his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog