Punjab government recognises `Unique Home`
Jalandhar: A city-based shelter home, which was under scanner recently for operating without valid registration and records of the inmates, has been registered by the government and people will soon be able to adopt children from there.
"The government has registered Jalandhar-based Unique Home. According to the rules, now it has become important for the home to make necessary arrangements for adoption of children," Rajnish Jasra, Deputy Director of the state`s Social Security and Women & Child Development department, said.
"Firstly, FIRs will have to be registered for all the children staying there. Adoption of children aged between 0-6 years will be possible after that. This procedure for adoption is mandatory," Jasra said, adding that the district administration has been informed in this connection.
The state government has also ordered all deputy commissioners to keep a close watch on any shelter home operating without valid registration in their districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug