Punjab government recognises `Unique Home`
Jalandhar: A city-based shelter home, which was under scanner recently for operating without valid registration and records of the inmates, has been registered by the government and people will soon be able to adopt children from there.
"The government has registered Jalandhar-based Unique Home. According to the rules, now it has become important for the home to make necessary arrangements for adoption of children," Rajnish Jasra, Deputy Director of the state`s Social Security and Women & Child Development department, said.
"Firstly, FIRs will have to be registered for all the children staying there. Adoption of children aged between 0-6 years will be possible after that. This procedure for adoption is mandatory," Jasra said, adding that the district administration has been informed in this connection.
The state government has also ordered all deputy commissioners to keep a close watch on any shelter home operating without valid registration in their districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi