Punjab Govt allows Rs 23.73 cr for setting up 21 model schools
Chandigarh: With a view to impart quality
education to students, the Punjab government has sanctioned Rs
23.73 crore for setting up 21 model schools in the state.
The schools will be set up on the pattern of Kendriya
Vidyalayas in 21 educationally-backward blocks spread across
seven districts of Bathinda, Ferozepur, Muktsar, Tarn Taran,
Sangrur, Patiala and Mansa, an official release said.
The state Education Department has declared the current
academic year 2009-10 as a "qualitative year" to bring out
revolutionary educational reforms and the initiatives are part
of efforts towards this end.
The institutions would have infrastructure and other
facilities of the standards of Kendriya Vidyalayas. "The
pupil-teacher ratio and curriculum would also match the
standards of the Central Schools," the statement said.
Meanwhile, the Central government has approved the
state`s proposal for setting up 21 girls hostels in these
blocks. "The Centre will give Rs 21 lakh to set up each hostel
and will share the costs with the state government in the
ratio of 90:10," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise