Punjab Govt allows Rs 23.73 cr for setting up 21 model schools
Chandigarh: With a view to impart quality
education to students, the Punjab government has sanctioned Rs
23.73 crore for setting up 21 model schools in the state.
The schools will be set up on the pattern of Kendriya
Vidyalayas in 21 educationally-backward blocks spread across
seven districts of Bathinda, Ferozepur, Muktsar, Tarn Taran,
Sangrur, Patiala and Mansa, an official release said.
The state Education Department has declared the current
academic year 2009-10 as a "qualitative year" to bring out
revolutionary educational reforms and the initiatives are part
of efforts towards this end.
The institutions would have infrastructure and other
facilities of the standards of Kendriya Vidyalayas. "The
pupil-teacher ratio and curriculum would also match the
standards of the Central Schools," the statement said.
Meanwhile, the Central government has approved the
state`s proposal for setting up 21 girls hostels in these
blocks. "The Centre will give Rs 21 lakh to set up each hostel
and will share the costs with the state government in the
ratio of 90:10," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!