Punjab govt approves ordinance on travel agents
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Wednesday approved the promulgation of Punjab Prevention of Human Smuggling Ordinance, 2009 to provide for the regulation of travel agents with the view to checking and curbing the illegal, fraudulent activities and malpractices of people involved in organized human trafficking and business
of illegal travel agents in the State.
The Council of Ministers, in its meeting here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal also gave in principle approval for amending the Punjab Agricultural Produce Markets Act, 1961 for enhancement of the period of suppression of Market Committees, thereby extending the time limit from May 18, 2007 to December 31, 2009 for the reconstitution of superseded committees and to validate the works executed by the administrators from the date of their
appointment till the reconstitution of the committees.
The Council of Ministers approved the renaming of the Punjab Ayurved University, Hoshiarpur as Guru Ravi Dass Ayurved University in its draft Bill of 2009 regarding its establishment.
The University is being set up for the purposes of teaching, affiliating and ensuring proper and systematic instruction, training and research in Ayurved, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy and for the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto, an official spokesman said here.
The Council of Ministers also approved to create and fill up the 613 posts of Staff Nurses and 9 posts of Radiographers in the Government Medical Colleges and attached hospitals as per the norms of Medical Council of India on the contract basis.
The Council of Ministers also approved the revival of six posts of Professors, four Readers and 21 Lecturers in different departments of Government Ayurvedic College, Patiala.
The Council of Ministers also gave an approval to fill up 98 posts of Assistant District Attorneys on Rs 13,000 per months on contract basis through district selection committees and 118 vacancies on regular basis in a phased manner in the Prosecution and Litigation Department, Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened