Punjab govt cautions people against fake recruitment agencies
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday cautioned people regarding fraud in the name of Kisan Call Centre and other fake government offices and institutes.
Conveying this message, Director Agriculture, Mangal Singh Sandhu said if anyone received a call from any company or agency regarding jobs and demands money for security deposit or laptops, then the matter should be immediately informed to Chief Agriculture Officer of the district concerned as well as the police.
Sandhu suggested that before applying or depositing money against any vacancy, everyone is required to personally seek advice and authenticate the details with respective government departments.
In Punjab, the State Kisan Call Centre is run by IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited (IKSL) and the central government has recognised IKSL to recruit manpower in Kisan Call Centre, he said adding, no other agency or institute has the authority to recruit manpower to Kisan Call Centre.
Sandhu said many complaints are being received regarding fake agencies and institutes indulging in fraudulent practices of duping students and other candidates in the name of jobs to Kisan Call Centre and other bogus offices.
These illegal organisations are frequently changing their names as Bharti Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kisan Helpline Services or Kisan Seva Kendra and carrying out their activities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!