Punjab govt cautions people against fake recruitment agencies
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Friday cautioned people regarding fraud in the name of Kisan Call Centre and other fake government offices and institutes.
Conveying this message, Director Agriculture, Mangal Singh Sandhu said if anyone received a call from any company or agency regarding jobs and demands money for security deposit or laptops, then the matter should be immediately informed to Chief Agriculture Officer of the district concerned as well as the police.
Sandhu suggested that before applying or depositing money against any vacancy, everyone is required to personally seek advice and authenticate the details with respective government departments.
In Punjab, the State Kisan Call Centre is run by IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited (IKSL) and the central government has recognised IKSL to recruit manpower in Kisan Call Centre, he said adding, no other agency or institute has the authority to recruit manpower to Kisan Call Centre.
Sandhu said many complaints are being received regarding fake agencies and institutes indulging in fraudulent practices of duping students and other candidates in the name of jobs to Kisan Call Centre and other bogus offices.
These illegal organisations are frequently changing their names as Bharti Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kisan Helpline Services or Kisan Seva Kendra and carrying out their activities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India