‘Punjab govt fails to provide quality electricity’
Amritsar: Punjab government was on Sunday criticised for allegedly not developing long-term policies that provide constant and quality electricity supply in the state to enable its fast economic development.
People’s Party of Punjab NRI Wing president Amanpreet Singh Chhina in a statement here said that due to the shortage and poor quality of electricity in Punjab, both agriculture and industry were adversely suffering here.
Appropriate policies are required to fulfil the current and upcoming power consumption needs of the state so that inadequate power generation capacity should not become a hindrance in the economic growth of the state, Chhina said.
He said that due to inadequate power supply, the rural and urban industry was facing heavy economic losses.
Besides, contracted labour had to also suffer economic consequences due to power cuts as a majority of the labour force was working in the manufacturing units on contractual or performance basis and these power cuts reduced their daily income.
Furthermore, investors were reluctant to invest in Punjab because of this problem fearing the state cannot deliver sustainable growth without a regular supply of electricity and in turn bearing economic consequences.
China said that Punjab can only attract foreign direct investment or industry to the state if Punjab has constant and quality electricity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt