Punjab govt framing PPP activists: Manpreet
Chandigarh: Charging the Punjab government
with indulging in political terrorism, the People`s Party of
Punjab on Saturday said the state administration was implicating its
activists in false cases.
The Badal government was framing PPP workers in false
cases, People`s Party of Punjab chief Manpreet Singh Badal
So far, around 1,000 party activists had been booked
under various charges at the behest of SAD leaders in the
state, he further alleged.
"The PPP will not allow political terrorism in the state
at any cost," Manpreet said.
He said more and more people were joining his party and
its General Council had 4,500 members.
"Punjab has become totally bankrupt. By March next year,
the state government will not have sufficient money to pay
salaries to government employees," Manpreet said.
Left parties, including CPI and CPI (M), were with the
PPP and talks were on to have an alliance with SAD (Longowal),
headed by former Governor Surjeet Singh Barnala`s wife, he
The PPP would announce its election manifesto on
November 15 for next year`s assembly polls in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway