Punjab govt framing PPP activists: Manpreet
Chandigarh: Charging the Punjab government
with indulging in political terrorism, the People`s Party of
Punjab on Saturday said the state administration was implicating its
activists in false cases.
The Badal government was framing PPP workers in false
cases, People`s Party of Punjab chief Manpreet Singh Badal
So far, around 1,000 party activists had been booked
under various charges at the behest of SAD leaders in the
state, he further alleged.
"The PPP will not allow political terrorism in the state
at any cost," Manpreet said.
He said more and more people were joining his party and
its General Council had 4,500 members.
"Punjab has become totally bankrupt. By March next year,
the state government will not have sufficient money to pay
salaries to government employees," Manpreet said.
Left parties, including CPI and CPI (M), were with the
PPP and talks were on to have an alliance with SAD (Longowal),
headed by former Governor Surjeet Singh Barnala`s wife, he
The PPP would announce its election manifesto on
November 15 for next year`s assembly polls in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested