Punjab govt framing PPP activists: Manpreet
Chandigarh: Charging the Punjab government
with indulging in political terrorism, the People`s Party of
Punjab on Saturday said the state administration was implicating its
activists in false cases.
The Badal government was framing PPP workers in false
cases, People`s Party of Punjab chief Manpreet Singh Badal
So far, around 1,000 party activists had been booked
under various charges at the behest of SAD leaders in the
state, he further alleged.
"The PPP will not allow political terrorism in the state
at any cost," Manpreet said.
He said more and more people were joining his party and
its General Council had 4,500 members.
"Punjab has become totally bankrupt. By March next year,
the state government will not have sufficient money to pay
salaries to government employees," Manpreet said.
Left parties, including CPI and CPI (M), were with the
PPP and talks were on to have an alliance with SAD (Longowal),
headed by former Governor Surjeet Singh Barnala`s wife, he
The PPP would announce its election manifesto on
November 15 for next year`s assembly polls in the state, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside