Punjab Govt issues instruction to fill remaining MBBS seats
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government has directed the medical and dental colleges in the state to fill the remaining 38 MBBS and 524 BDS seats of NRI Quota while strictly adhering to Medical Council of Indian (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) guidelines.
Disclosing this here today, a spokesman of Medical Education and Research Department said that medical and dental colleges have been directed to fill all vacant seats of NRI quota according to PMET Merit as well as MCI/DCI`s guidelines.
He said that after second counselling by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences at Faridkot, only 38 MBBS and 524 BDS seats in NRI quota were vacant.
Out of 38 seats, 23 seats in Aadesh College at Bathinda and 15 seats in Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) at Jalandhar remained vacant.
He said that as many as 524 BDS seats of NRI quota are vacant in 14 colleges of the state.
According to the new instructions, students could apply till September 24 for admission under NRI quota in university or colleges.
These seats would be filled by colleges through counselling at their level pursuing the guidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state