Punjab Govt issues instruction to fill remaining MBBS seats
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government has directed the medical and dental colleges in the state to fill the remaining 38 MBBS and 524 BDS seats of NRI Quota while strictly adhering to Medical Council of Indian (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) guidelines.
Disclosing this here today, a spokesman of Medical Education and Research Department said that medical and dental colleges have been directed to fill all vacant seats of NRI quota according to PMET Merit as well as MCI/DCI`s guidelines.
He said that after second counselling by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences at Faridkot, only 38 MBBS and 524 BDS seats in NRI quota were vacant.
Out of 38 seats, 23 seats in Aadesh College at Bathinda and 15 seats in Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) at Jalandhar remained vacant.
He said that as many as 524 BDS seats of NRI quota are vacant in 14 colleges of the state.
According to the new instructions, students could apply till September 24 for admission under NRI quota in university or colleges.
These seats would be filled by colleges through counselling at their level pursuing the guidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch