Punjab govt orders appointment of nodal officers
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government Tuesday issued order to all its departments for appointment of nodal officers to provide representation to employees belonging to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes in jobs.
The Welfare Department has directed all department heads, divisional commissioners, deputy commissioners, district and session judges, sub-divisional officers and Registrar, Punjab and Haryana High Court, in this regard, an official spokesman said here.
He said that Punjab Government was fully committed to ensuring proper implementation of reservation policy.
The Welfare Department has also directed all departments to prepare and update roster registers timely so that reservation to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes could be implemented in true spirit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof