Punjab govt sacks absentee school principal
Chandigarh: Cracking the whip on absentee school teachers who have not joined duty after expiry of their ex-India leave, the Punjab government today sacked a senior secondary school principal in Patiala district.
Gurjinder Singh Grewal, principal of senior secondary school in Bhadson, has been suspended for going on a long ex-India leave without permission of competent authority, an official spokesman of Education Department said.
In an inquiry conducted by the panchayats department, it was found that majority of the absentee teachers were in foreign destinations for quite a long time.
The government had already handed over show-cause notices to 70 teachers in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves