Punjab govt sacks absentee school principal
Chandigarh: Cracking the whip on absentee school teachers who have not joined duty after expiry of their ex-India leave, the Punjab government today sacked a senior secondary school principal in Patiala district.
Gurjinder Singh Grewal, principal of senior secondary school in Bhadson, has been suspended for going on a long ex-India leave without permission of competent authority, an official spokesman of Education Department said.
In an inquiry conducted by the panchayats department, it was found that majority of the absentee teachers were in foreign destinations for quite a long time.
The government had already handed over show-cause notices to 70 teachers in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days