Punjab govt sacks absentee school principal
Chandigarh: Cracking the whip on absentee school teachers who have not joined duty after expiry of their ex-India leave, the Punjab government today sacked a senior secondary school principal in Patiala district.
Gurjinder Singh Grewal, principal of senior secondary school in Bhadson, has been suspended for going on a long ex-India leave without permission of competent authority, an official spokesman of Education Department said.
In an inquiry conducted by the panchayats department, it was found that majority of the absentee teachers were in foreign destinations for quite a long time.
The government had already handed over show-cause notices to 70 teachers in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened