Punjab govt sacks absentee school principal
Chandigarh: Cracking the whip on absentee school teachers who have not joined duty after expiry of their ex-India leave, the Punjab government today sacked a senior secondary school principal in Patiala district.
Gurjinder Singh Grewal, principal of senior secondary school in Bhadson, has been suspended for going on a long ex-India leave without permission of competent authority, an official spokesman of Education Department said.
In an inquiry conducted by the panchayats department, it was found that majority of the absentee teachers were in foreign destinations for quite a long time.
The government had already handed over show-cause notices to 70 teachers in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!