Punjab govt sets up anti-ragging cell
Chandigarh: To curb the menace of ragging in technical educational institutes in the state, the Punjab government on Wednesday set up an anti-ragging cell.
Technical Education and Industrial Training Minister Anil Joshi said the cell had been set up in the Technical Education Bhavan here.
He said the Punjab government had taken all required steps to stop ragging as it was declared a crime by the apex court.
The minister said anti-ragging committees had already been set up in all technical educational institutions.
He said the members of the committees included teachers and parents of students.
Any victim could approach an anti-ragging committee in the concerned institution or the anti-ragging cell at the Director Technical Education in Chandigarh, the minister said.
The Punjab government had issued strict instructions to all concerned officials to implement anti-ragging guidelines in all educational institutions, he said.
Strict action would be taken against institutes which failed to follow the instructions, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!