Punjab govt sets up anti-ragging cell
Chandigarh: To curb the menace of ragging in technical educational institutes in the state, the Punjab government on Wednesday set up an anti-ragging cell.
Technical Education and Industrial Training Minister Anil Joshi said the cell had been set up in the Technical Education Bhavan here.
He said the Punjab government had taken all required steps to stop ragging as it was declared a crime by the apex court.
The minister said anti-ragging committees had already been set up in all technical educational institutions.
He said the members of the committees included teachers and parents of students.
Any victim could approach an anti-ragging committee in the concerned institution or the anti-ragging cell at the Director Technical Education in Chandigarh, the minister said.
The Punjab government had issued strict instructions to all concerned officials to implement anti-ragging guidelines in all educational institutions, he said.
Strict action would be taken against institutes which failed to follow the instructions, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof