Punjab govt should build war memorials for INA martyrs: BJP
Jalandhar: BJP on Friday asked the Punjab government to build memorials in the honour of the martyrs of Indian National Army who fought during the two World Wars.
"The government must also honour the martyrs who fought during the world wars and other revolutionary freedom fighters like Madan Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh by building memorials in their remembrance," BJP`s National Vice President Laxmi Kanta Chawla said in a statement.
She said a memorial should be dedicated to revolutionaries like Madan Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh to recognise their efforts for independence of India from British rule.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday laid the foundation stone of a war memorial and museum at Amritsar dedicated to war heroes from Punjab for the outstanding services rendered before and after the Indian independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars