Punjab govt should build war memorials for INA martyrs: BJP
Jalandhar: BJP on Friday asked the Punjab government to build memorials in the honour of the martyrs of Indian National Army who fought during the two World Wars.
"The government must also honour the martyrs who fought during the world wars and other revolutionary freedom fighters like Madan Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh by building memorials in their remembrance," BJP`s National Vice President Laxmi Kanta Chawla said in a statement.
She said a memorial should be dedicated to revolutionaries like Madan Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh to recognise their efforts for independence of India from British rule.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday laid the foundation stone of a war memorial and museum at Amritsar dedicated to war heroes from Punjab for the outstanding services rendered before and after the Indian independence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming