Punjab govt to appoint 4,500 headmasters
Kapurthala: Punjab government is going to issue soon appointment letters to 4,500 headmasters to fill vacant posts, Education Minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said here on Saturday.
The new education policy would be implemented within next six months as the education reforms committee is likely to submit its report by then, he told reporters here.
The state government has constituted a committee under the chairmanship of former vice chancellor SP Singh to frame the education policy for the next 25 years and the committee is likely to submit its report within the next six months.
The minister said the new syllabus consisting of moral education as a compulsory subject would be implemented on the recommendations of a three-member committee constituted by the government for the purpose.
He claimed the new syllabus would compete with the syllabus of CBSE and ICSE boards.
The minister claimed the education department was able to check the menace of mass copying in exams during this academic session and said more steps would be taken to check the problem more effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years