Punjab govt to appoint 4,500 headmasters
Kapurthala: Punjab government is going to issue soon appointment letters to 4,500 headmasters to fill vacant posts, Education Minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said here on Saturday.
The new education policy would be implemented within next six months as the education reforms committee is likely to submit its report by then, he told reporters here.
The state government has constituted a committee under the chairmanship of former vice chancellor SP Singh to frame the education policy for the next 25 years and the committee is likely to submit its report within the next six months.
The minister said the new syllabus consisting of moral education as a compulsory subject would be implemented on the recommendations of a three-member committee constituted by the government for the purpose.
He claimed the new syllabus would compete with the syllabus of CBSE and ICSE boards.
The minister claimed the education department was able to check the menace of mass copying in exams during this academic session and said more steps would be taken to check the problem more effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read