Punjab govt to appoint 4,500 headmasters
Kapurthala: Punjab government is going to issue soon appointment letters to 4,500 headmasters to fill vacant posts, Education Minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan said here on Saturday.
The new education policy would be implemented within next six months as the education reforms committee is likely to submit its report by then, he told reporters here.
The state government has constituted a committee under the chairmanship of former vice chancellor SP Singh to frame the education policy for the next 25 years and the committee is likely to submit its report within the next six months.
The minister said the new syllabus consisting of moral education as a compulsory subject would be implemented on the recommendations of a three-member committee constituted by the government for the purpose.
He claimed the new syllabus would compete with the syllabus of CBSE and ICSE boards.
The minister claimed the education department was able to check the menace of mass copying in exams during this academic session and said more steps would be taken to check the problem more effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation