Punjab govt to disclose info of ministers` tours
Chandigarh: In a step towards implementing administrative reforms, Punjab Government has decided to disclose information on the official tours of ministers and officials.
The government has directed all financial commissioners and department heads to give such information suo motu and under Right to Information (RTI) Act pertaining to official tours undertaken by ministers and other officials of the ministries/departments concerned.
An official spokesperson of Administrative Reforms Department said all Financial Commissioners and Department Heads have been instructed to strictly comply with the provisions under the RTI Act, 2005.
He said it has been advised that public authorities should pro-actively disclose the details of foreign and domestic official tours undertaken by ministers and officials of the rank of joint secretary and above to the Union government.
He said the information to be given could contain nature of the official tour, places visited, the period, number of people included in the official delegation and total cost of such travel.
The spokesperson said that these instructions would not apply to security and intelligence organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh