Punjab govt to disclose info of ministers` tours
Chandigarh: In a step towards implementing administrative reforms, Punjab Government has decided to disclose information on the official tours of ministers and officials.
The government has directed all financial commissioners and department heads to give such information suo motu and under Right to Information (RTI) Act pertaining to official tours undertaken by ministers and other officials of the ministries/departments concerned.
An official spokesperson of Administrative Reforms Department said all Financial Commissioners and Department Heads have been instructed to strictly comply with the provisions under the RTI Act, 2005.
He said it has been advised that public authorities should pro-actively disclose the details of foreign and domestic official tours undertaken by ministers and officials of the rank of joint secretary and above to the Union government.
He said the information to be given could contain nature of the official tour, places visited, the period, number of people included in the official delegation and total cost of such travel.
The spokesperson said that these instructions would not apply to security and intelligence organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!