Punjab govt to pass resolution on free corridor to Pak shrine
Batala: The Punjab government will soon
adopt a resolution for the construction of a free corridor to
Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan for the convenience of Sikh
pilgrims visiting the shrine every year.
Making this announcement here today Punjab Assembly
Speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon said a resolution to this effect
will soon be adopted by the House and sent to the Centre.
There has been a demand to open the corridor between
the border town of Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district and
Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan to enable Sikh devotees from India
to visit the shrine without any travel documents including
Located on the West bank of the Ravi river in Pakistan`s
Punjab province just three kms from the Indo-Pak border, the
shrine is considered the original abode of Guru Nanak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker