Punjab govt to provide free text books to SC/ST students
Chandigarh: In an effort to impart quality education to the marginalised, the Punjab government on Sunday said it would spend Rs 30 crore to provide free text books to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students in the state.
"We are committed to quality education. The state government will provide free text books to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students studying from class one to class eight in the state," Punjab Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka said here.
He said that required infrastructure would also be provided to all the schools.
"The Punjab government is celebrating this year as education year so that the state, which is currently at number three in terms of education in the country, could be number one," Maluka added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department