Punjab govt to spend Rs 21.24 cr under child prote
Chandigarh: Punjab government has issued a grant of Rs 21.24 crore under the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) to provide safe and secure environment for the overall development of underprivileged children.
The objective of the scheme was to bring several existing child protection programmes under one umbrella, thereby contributing to the improvement in the well being of children in difficult circumstances and reduce their vulnerability to situations that lead to child abuse, an official spokesman said here today.
The Planning Department had been allocated Rs 572 lakh as state share and Rs 1,528.24 lakh as central share for the year 2012-13, he said.
The state Finance Department had released Rs 764.12 lakh as central share and Rs 231 lakh as state share till now.
Out of 22 districts in Haryana, the state government had constituted child welfare committees in 20 districts and Juvenile Justice Board in each district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly