Punjab govt transfers 37 IAS, 28 IPS officers
Chandigarh: In a major administrative shakeup after the Lok Sabha polls, Punjab government on Wednesday transferred 37 IAS and 28 IPS officers.
According to a notification issued here, Principal Secretary Social Security and Development of Women and Children, Jagpal Singh has been made Principal Secretary, Home Affairs and Justice. Singh will take charge from SS Channi who is retiring on May 31.
Principal Secretary (Industries and Commerce) Karan Avtar Singh has been transferred as Principal Secretary (Investment Promotion). IAS officer DP Reddy, who currently holds the charge of Taxation, will take the charge of PS Industries and Commerce.
Principal Secretary (Health and Family welfare and Medical Education and Research) Vini Mahajan has been given additional charge of Principal Secretary (Finance), the notification said.
Principal Secretary (Labour and Financial Commissioner Forest and Wildlife) Vishwajeet Khanna has been given additional charge of Principal Secretary (Civil Aviation), in addition his current charge.
While PS Ravneet Kaur has been posted as Principal Secretary, Parliamentary Affairs in place of Roshan Sunkaria who has been moved as Principal Secretary, Higher Education and Languages.Sunkaria was holding the charge of Parliamentary Affairs and Higher Education and Languages.
Anurag Aggarwal, the MD of PIDB and CMD of PSTCL, has been
given additional charge of Secretary, Transport.
A Venu Prasad has been relieved from the charge of Principal Secretary, Civil Aviation. However, he will continue to hold the post of Secretary Housing and Urban Development.
Seema Jain has been given the charge of Secretary Welfare
of SCs and BCs in addition to current posting of Science Technology and Environment.
Jaspal Singh will hold the charge of Secretary, Finance and Secretary, Social Security and Development of Women and Children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death