Punjab Guv accepts resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Monday accepted the resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur, who stepped down as Cabinet minister on moral grounds following her recent conviction by a special CBI court.
Kaur had tendered her resignation to Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal who subsequently forwarded it to the
Governor for its acceptance, a spokesperson of the Chief
Minister`s office said here.
57-year-old Kaur, who held portfolios of Rural Water
Supply and Sanitation and Defence Services Welfare, was
sentenced to five years` imprisonment by the CBI court for
conspiring in forcible abortion and abduction in connection
with the mysterious death of her teenage daughter Harpreet
Kaur 12 years ago.
The senior Punjab Minister was the lone woman member in
the 18-member Parkash Singh Badal-led SAD-BJP ministry sworn
in last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you