Punjab Guv accepts resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Monday accepted the resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur, who stepped down as Cabinet minister on moral grounds following her recent conviction by a special CBI court.
Kaur had tendered her resignation to Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal who subsequently forwarded it to the
Governor for its acceptance, a spokesperson of the Chief
Minister`s office said here.
57-year-old Kaur, who held portfolios of Rural Water
Supply and Sanitation and Defence Services Welfare, was
sentenced to five years` imprisonment by the CBI court for
conspiring in forcible abortion and abduction in connection
with the mysterious death of her teenage daughter Harpreet
Kaur 12 years ago.
The senior Punjab Minister was the lone woman member in
the 18-member Parkash Singh Badal-led SAD-BJP ministry sworn
in last month.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges