Punjab Guv accepts resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Monday accepted the resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur, who stepped down as Cabinet minister on moral grounds following her recent conviction by a special CBI court.
Kaur had tendered her resignation to Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal who subsequently forwarded it to the
Governor for its acceptance, a spokesperson of the Chief
Minister`s office said here.
57-year-old Kaur, who held portfolios of Rural Water
Supply and Sanitation and Defence Services Welfare, was
sentenced to five years` imprisonment by the CBI court for
conspiring in forcible abortion and abduction in connection
with the mysterious death of her teenage daughter Harpreet
Kaur 12 years ago.
The senior Punjab Minister was the lone woman member in
the 18-member Parkash Singh Badal-led SAD-BJP ministry sworn
in last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!