Punjab Guv accepts resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil on Monday accepted the resignation of Bibi Jagir Kaur, who stepped down as Cabinet minister on moral grounds following her recent conviction by a special CBI court.
Kaur had tendered her resignation to Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal who subsequently forwarded it to the
Governor for its acceptance, a spokesperson of the Chief
Minister`s office said here.
57-year-old Kaur, who held portfolios of Rural Water
Supply and Sanitation and Defence Services Welfare, was
sentenced to five years` imprisonment by the CBI court for
conspiring in forcible abortion and abduction in connection
with the mysterious death of her teenage daughter Harpreet
Kaur 12 years ago.
The senior Punjab Minister was the lone woman member in
the 18-member Parkash Singh Badal-led SAD-BJP ministry sworn
in last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations